Where to Enroll
Please note that details of enrolment activities are being carried out exclusively by RGI for preparation of National Population Register (NPR) in the following States/Union territories.
- States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal
- Union territory: Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep
- Districts in Karnataka: Udupi, Gadag, Uttara Kannada, Haveri, Davangere, Bangalore rural, Chikkabalapur and Kodagu
Residents of any other State/UT/district may note that they need not enroll under UIDAI if they have already enrolled under NPR.
Notification about e-mails offering online registration for Aadhaar
UNIQUE IDENTIFICATION AUTHORITY OF INDIA PLANNING COMMISSION, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
It has come to our notice that certain agencies are circulating e-mails offering online registration for Aadhaar. These e-mails also suggest residents who have already received Aadhaar need to re-enrol. The UIDAI would like to clarify for the benefit of general public the following points:
- Enrollment for Aadhaar is done at designated Aadhaar enrolment centres only. The resident needs to visit only these enrolment centres. The UIDAI does not currently offer online enrollment.
- The list of enrolment centres can be seen online at Where To Enroll
- Appointment for Aadhaar enrolment may be obtained online at the following link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ However, for actual enrolment process, physical presence of the resident is a must.
- There is no last date for enrolment. Residents can enroll anytime as per their convenience at the designated centres. Enrolment for Aadhaar is a continuous process with no last date.
- Sharing of bank related details is voluntary and not mandatory. In case a resident wishes to open a new bank account linked to resident's Aadhaar number or link an existing bank account with Aadhaar, then they may provide the relevant information on the enrolment form at the time of enrolment.
- Resident's data shared with UIDAI while enrolling is fully safe and it is not shared with anybody without resident's consent.
- The residents who have already received Aadhaar or enrolled for Aadhaar need not enroll again unless specifically advised in writing by the UIDAI.
- For more information you may log on to the official website of UIDAI at http://uidai.gov.in/
Issued in Public Interest