What are the UIDAI services?
Below are the UIDAI services which are used by Aadhaar number holder to perform Aadhaar Authentication:
- Verify Aadhaar Number: This will enable service providers and Aadhaar number holders to verify if the Aadhaar number is valid and is not deactivated
- Verify Email/Mobile Number: This will enable service providers and Aadhaar number holders to verify if the Aadhaar number is valid and is not deactivated
- Lock/Unlock Biometrics: Aadhaar number holders can secure their biometric authentication by locking their biometrics. Once locked, same cannot be used by anyone for authentication. Residents can unlock their biometrics before any biometric authentications transaction.
- Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status : Aadhaar holders can check if their Aadhaar is linked to their bank account. Aadhaar Linking status is fetched from NPCI Server. Under any circumstance, UIDAI shall not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the displayed status. Further, UIDAI is not storing any information fetched from NPCI server. However, it may be noted that Bank account and Aadhaar linking is not mandatory as per the SC Judgment dated 26.9.2018.
- Aadhaar Authentication History : Aadhaar number holders can view the details of Aadhaar Authentication hey have done.
- Virtual ID Generator: Aadhaar Number holders can generate their 16 Digit Virtual ID (VID).